It is a common practice for people to rise through the ranks and attain leadership positions as a result of their years of service and technical expertise in the organizations. Most of these managers are usually not equipped with the leadership capacities needed to be effective in this new role.
Research from best practices have shown that 60 percent of new managers and supervisors underperform in their first two years leading to high employee complaint, dissatisfaction and turnover. To succeed, the leadership capacities of the managers must be developed.
This programme will equip the managers with the leadership capacities needed to transit from effective employees to effective managers.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Become mentally ready to handle the new leadership role;
- Manage talent to achieve organizational goals;
- Utilize communication effectively to maximize outcomes;
- Seamlessly interchange their roles as manager and leader of their team;
- Handle the dynamics of individual team members to achieve results;
- Enforce organizational culture to drive productivity;
- Manage change and its influences within the organization;
- Influential Leadership: Leadership as influence, How to gain influence, motivation
- The Transition: Manager to Leader
- Driving Performance through Organizational Culture
- Change Management
- Performance Management
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Team Dynamics
- Effective Management Delegation
- Effective Communication
- Conflict Management
PROGRAMME DURATION: 5 Days
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
New Managers, Current Managers, Supervisors, Heads of Departments and anyone who wants to increase their leadership effectiveness.