Indeed world over, the socio-political and economic advancement of nations depends on the quality of people entrusted with positions of leadership. It has however been observed that most political leaders assume responsibility with little or no experience nor preparation for leadership.
It has, therefore, become imperative for people assigned with the responsibility of governance to undergo training in preparation for this huge task. This Politics and Governance Programme will prepare and equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed for effective governance.
At the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Deliver effective governance;
- Develop leadership capacity;
- Make and implement government policies;
- Formulate budgets;
- Make winning presentations;
- Assess funding for developmental projects;
- Become accountable to the people;
- Monitor and evaluate projects; and
- Effectively utilize the power of the media to project themselves and their state in good light.
- The Act of Governance
- Politics and Economic Prosperity
- Essentials of Good Governance
- Inspiring Visionary Leadership
- Understanding Leadership Capital
- Developing the Mindpower for Service Delivery
- The Nigerian Constitution and the Rule of Law
- Budget Formulation
- Budget Execution and Implementation
- Public Expenditure Analysis and Management
- Policy Formulation and Implementation
- Accountability and Sustaining Credibility
- Assessing Funding: Local and International
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Leadership Etiquette
- Harnessing the Power of the Media
- Monitoring and Evaluation
DURATION: 2 Weeks
WHO TO ATTEND: Public servants, politicians, aspiring politicians, everyone saddled with the responsibility of governance.